Friday, August 31, 2007

Official Announcements

First off, Penguins will display the new jerseys on Wednesday. Will they appear to be the same ones posted previously? One never knows till they know.

Secondly, Eric Lindros was only just relaxing at home browsing the internet when he came across this site.* Reading a prior post about his alleged retirement, Eric started thinking. Now, he had given it some thought and will officially announce today where he stands in the NHL. Although I can't confirm that to be the exact chain of events, I can confirm that his announcement will come today. Furthermore, I suppose this also makes me right in my prediction that he will not appear in a Penguin uniform. That's right...I'm right. But it's ok, I'm modest. Mom says modesty is one of my best qualities.

Some find this announcement to be a bit upsetting, considering he was once hailed along the lines of Sid status. He never won a cup, and every season since leaving the Flyers there has been some issue with injuries. Trust me, I wish the guy the best, but I really think it'd be in his best interest to retire. Tiki Barber left the Giants in what some considered to be a short career, but he said on the contrary he'd at least be able to physically walk away from it.

Hell, I can't resist.



Annnnd part 7, to conclude the series.


*Can't confirm as a fact