Tuesday, September 4, 2007

13 Days Till Preseason

The Markov rumors continue to circulate, with additional tread coming from the Bruins and SJ. Personally, I think he'd be a better fit on those teams then on the Pens. Sure, he'd be an older, more experienced defenseman, but we have our core that I'd pretty happy with. If signing Markov means waving goodbye to Orpik, or dropping Letang down to the farm team, then I'd rather see Markov find another home.

Just a reminder; for you fashion savvy individuals out there, the new Pens Jerseys unveil tomorrow. They're being super secretive about them. I thought maybe I could try and buy one on nhl.com and get a look, but even they are displaying a "no picture available" icon. I just hope the Pens don't adopt pink as a rally color...

Preseason kicks off in 13 days against the Habs. I'd expect this preseason to be a good time for us to check out the depth of the team. Personally, I'm looking forward to Sabourin getting a start or two, can't wait to see Sykora and Sydor.

On a similar note, prospect camp begins tomorrow. I have a feeling we'll still be seeing one or two more additions before the season starts. However, I'm now beginning to think the Markov deal is simply a rumor and nothing more. Every year the guy 'threatens' to go overseas. Go ahead, you're not that good...so go ahead and walk away from the league with some of the best players in the world.