Thursday, September 13, 2007

Camp Roster

The entire camp roster is listed below. Despite rumors of Robert Esche training with the Pens, he did not appear on the roster. He will no doubt find a home somewhere, most likely as a backup, but Pittsburgh will not be that home for him. Despite his groin injury keeping him out of the Junior's competition, Esposito will make an appearance at camp. Where he will play three weeks from now is still unknown, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it will also not be with the starting line-up on the Pens. Perhaps Wilkes-Barre or even back to work for Patrick Roy's Remparts.

I'd like to see who you think will be the big contributors during camp, and who will find themselves in the black and gold come game. If I had to pick three players, I'd go with Letang (even though he did play last season), Joe Jensen and Dustin Jeffrey. At least one of them has to make it in my mind. I've also gotten some word on Filewich posing as a big contender, but I don't think the salary cap has room for him this season.

As for guys I'm a bit concerned about...I'd really like to see Laraque put on some ice time this season. I know he had issues with injuries here and there in 06/07, but it was a relatively known fact he would pose as an injury prone player when we picked him up. He's a monster, we have to use him.

Let's take a look at what we have here. As I get word of cuts and such, I will do my best to come up with a final roster.

Defensemen:
Mark Ardelan
Paul Bissonnette
Jonathan D'Aversa
Mark Eaton
Deryk Engelland
Alex Goligoski
Sergei Gonchar
Ryan Lannon
Kris Letang
Ben Lovejoy
Brooks Orpik
Alain Nasreddine
Rob Scuderi
Darryl Sydor
Mike Weaver
Ryan Whitney

Forwards:
Colby Armstrong
Aaron Boogaard
Tim Brent
Erik Christensen
Sidney Crosby
Angelo Esposito
Jonathan Filewich
Adam Hall
Connor James
Dustin Jeffrey
Joe Jensen
Tyler Kennedy
Georges Laraque
Mark Letestu
Evgeni Malkin
Ryan Malone
Kurtis McLean
Chris Minard
Kyle Rank
Mark Recchi
Gary Roberts
Jarkko Ruutu
Nathan Smith
Jordan Staal
Ryan Stone
Petr Sykora
Jeff Taffe
Maxime Talbot
Tim Wallace

Goaltenders:
David Brown
Ty Conklin
John Curry
Marc-Andre Fleury
Dany Sabourin